11 Maio, 2022
Role purpose: To sustainably grow M-Pesa’s network of agents and customer acquisition
Key accountabilities and decision ownership
• Implement initiatives to continuously improve the quality of M-Pesa’s nationwide agent network and simultaneously aggressively grow that network without compromising quality, ultimately impacting the customer experience at agent level
• Implement initiatives to ensure the agents have liquidity to supply customers demand at any time.
• Ensure the right visibility on agent on branding and compliance requirements
• Drive the acquisition of M-Pesa customers through the distribution network, where each agent is anabled to register new M-Pesa customer as well as Vodacom if synergies with CBU are considered.
• Interface with M-Pesa Technology, Operations, Customer Services, Finance, Compliance, Legal, Supply Chain, Billing & IT and Marketing functions to ensure end-to-end business support to the Sales and distribution functions
Core competencies, knowledge and experience
• Commercially astute and strategically oriented – solid understanding of market, competitor & customer.
• Strong negotiation skills with internal and external stakeholders.
• Strong Analytical skills – able to assess reports, identify issues, root cause, and recommend solutions. Expert spread sheet skills a distinct advantage.
• Inspirational Leadership – develop and maintain great working environment throughout all levels of the M-Pesa organization.
• Presentation and communication skills – written and oral.
Must have technical / professional qualifications
• University degree in a Commercial related area.
• A minimum of 5 years relevant experience in a management role within a commercial function covering distribution and/or retail network management.
• Proven people management and motivational skills
• Knowledge and experience of the financial services and telecommunications industries will be an advantage.
• Strong planning and networking skills.
Key performance indicators
• Number of active M-Pesa agents
• Number of active customer
• Number of Gross adds
• Agent liquidity
• People Survey continuous improvement
Number of Direct reports: 4
Number of Indirect Reports: 200