11 Maio, 2022
Role purpose: The purpose of the position is to perform accounting and reporting of financials; Establigh and refine control to mitigate risks; and Ensure compliance with governance, international accounting standards, statutory and regulatory requirements, taxation and accounting policies of Vodacom and Vodafone Group.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership
• Responsibility of M-pesa Finance functions, including control environment, finance operations, accounting and financial reporting;
• Responsible for month-end accounting process including all monthly reconciliations, account analysis and monitoring of financial results;
• Align and comply with internal policies and procedures as well as Group policies
• Ensure compliance with IFRS standards;
• Perform monthly variance analysis and reports and provide valid reasons on variances identified;
• Preparation of Financial Statements and other group reporting;
• Compiling and submitting of statutory packs for reporting at interim and final year end;
Core competencies, knowledge and experience
• Ability to communicate at senior/executive management level;
• Excellent communication and presentation skills both written and verbal;
• Interpersonal skills;
• Delegation skills & leadership skills;
• Ability to work under pressure (fast pace, tight deadlines, long hours, etc.)
Must have technical / professional qualifications
• Accounting degree with at least 5 years’ experience in a similar role Experience in banking is a key added advantage
• Preferably a post graduate qualification in accounting. Chartered Accountant or equivalent qualification will be beneficial
Key performance indicators
• Clean internal and external audits. Ensure all financial reporting, management reporting and tax work is accurate, insightful and provided on time.
• Ensuring all SLAs are met through active stakeholder engagement.
Number of Direct reports : 7